If you’ve been peeping at my instagram, you’d see that I whipped up (well, whisked) some pancakes. I used this Williams-Sonoma recipe and just added the cherries on top. Result equals immensely delicious. My beau & I felt it was better than going out for brunch.
With the holidays winding down and eager resolutions afoot, I’ve been pouring over some photo moments filled with the ones I love. While I’m usually not a wildly festive person, this season felt a little different with some time to reflect on my summer move to Brooklyn, new professional gains with my fashion editor position at Greenpointers, my creativity, and passion. In many ways, things are falling into place.
1. My beautiful sister.
2. My beau made acorn squash for a dinner party.
3. Pretty poinsettias.
4. I can’t take any credit for the Christmas decorations – it’s all my sister. But, I can for picking out that swag fox head.
5. Christmas Eve dinner preparations.
6. My friend M.
7. Cheese plates foreverrr.
8. Close up of a pine tree on Bedford Ave.
9. Party leftovers.
I really try to savor the slowness of a Sunday morning. Bagels and coffee from Troost, provided with lovely conversation and people watching, is a new favorite. I really love my neighborhood and I can’t say how happy I am to live in Greenpoint. It’s the tops.
P.S. Some outfit details, of course: Forever 21 dress; Nordstrom Rack hoodie; tights probably from TJ Maxx; GC shoes motorcycle boots via Alter Brooklyn.
I love experimenting with salad combinations to make my work lunch more interesting and, of course, tastier. My latest go-to salad consists of chopped romaine lettuce, sliced almonds, a handful of walnuts, chopped carrots, and dried cranberries. Then, I just mix in whatever protein I like — poached salmon, broiled chicken, or tofu — with a dressing such as drizzled honey with a dash of olive oil.
Not to mention, it’s easy as hell to make.
Brunch: the best meal of the week. One of my neighborhood haunts is Jimmy’s, a mix of southern comfort meets diner grub. Laid back, good food, perfect people watching — can’t ask for more in my beloved Greenpoint. I live and die by avocados, so it’s no surprise that the huevos con grits is my staple.
Since moving to my new Brooklyn apartment, I’ve taken long walks and done a little bit of exploring. Some surprise discoveries and some planned, each has brought me a little snippet of joy in my new neighborhood. I’m still unpacking — it’s torture! — so here’s a look into my life from an Instagram point of view. If you’d like to see more, then follow me here.
Hi sweets! Recuperating from a sprain keeps me under the rader lately. Here’s some little glimpses on what I’ve been up to via my Instagram. (@kitschy_)
I’m not planning regular weekly recaps (bo-ring). Though, if you’re curious about the more personal side of things in my life, feel free to wander over.
1. I get bored at train stations. Hello, feet.
2. Greenpoint’s The Habitat makes the best shrimp & grits ever. Now only if it was a regular item on the menu…
3. Getting back into the fiction writing groove. The Kate Spade bag is the perfect size for whatever notebook I’m toting around.
4. I may love to dress up but I love wearing this Motorhead tee just as much.
5. Tattoos prints in Oak & Iron.
6. A singular daisy, so beautiful.
7. Oh, New York.
8. Delicious. Healthy. Salad.
9. Playing around with a fishtail braid.
Mix ingredients together and enjoy! While this isn’t a terribly fancy lunch, it’s also a great side salad (usually I just nix the tuna for a side dish).