Posts tagged food
I really try to savor the slowness of a Sunday morning. Bagels and coffee from Troost, provided with lovely conversation and people watching, is a new favorite. I really love my neighborhood and I can’t say how happy I am to live in Greenpoint. It’s the tops.
P.S. Some outfit details, of course: Forever 21 dress; Nordstrom Rack hoodie; tights probably from TJ Maxx; GC shoes motorcycle boots via Alter Brooklyn.
I love experimenting with salad combinations to make my work lunch more interesting and, of course, tastier. My latest go-to salad consists of chopped romaine lettuce, sliced almonds, a handful of walnuts, chopped carrots, and dried cranberries. Then, I just mix in whatever protein I like — poached salmon, broiled chicken, or tofu — with a dressing such as drizzled honey with a dash of olive oil.
Not to mention, it’s easy as hell to make.
Brunch: the best meal of the week. One of my neighborhood haunts is Jimmy’s, a mix of southern comfort meets diner grub. Laid back, good food, perfect people watching — can’t ask for more in my beloved Greenpoint. I live and die by avocados, so it’s no surprise that the huevos con grits is my staple.
Since moving to my new Brooklyn apartment, I’ve taken long walks and done a little bit of exploring. Some surprise discoveries and some planned, each has brought me a little snippet of joy in my new neighborhood. I’m still unpacking — it’s torture! — so here’s a look into my life from an Instagram point of view. If you’d like to see more, then follow me here.
- Upbeat graffiti in Greenpoint.
- The salmon and potato latke at Extra Fancy is too good.
- I found a photo booth at Renegade Craft Fair. I can never stop myself from getting a little photo!
- A view of the Manhattan skyline from Transmitter Park.
- Ethereal and awesome silkscreened tarot cards by Jen Lorang.
- I stumbled across this phenomenal textile art by Olek, on my way to the Smorgasburg & Brooklyn Flea. A lucky find indeed.
Hi sweets! Recuperating from a sprain keeps me under the rader lately. Here’s some little glimpses on what I’ve been up to via my Instagram. (@kitschy_)
I’m not planning regular weekly recaps (bo-ring). Though, if you’re curious about the more personal side of things in my life, feel free to wander over.
1. I get bored at train stations. Hello, feet.
2. Greenpoint’s The Habitat makes the best shrimp & grits ever. Now only if it was a regular item on the menu…
3. Getting back into the fiction writing groove. The Kate Spade bag is the perfect size for whatever notebook I’m toting around.
4. I may love to dress up but I love wearing this Motorhead tee just as much.
5. Tattoos prints in Oak & Iron.
6. A singular daisy, so beautiful.
7. Oh, New York.
8. Delicious. Healthy. Salad.
9. Playing around with a fishtail braid.
- 1 can of large black olives (pitted)
- 1 jar of artichoke hearts
- 1 half can of tuna
- 1 bag of baby spinach
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 2 tablespoons of balsamic vinegar
- black pepper (for dressing)
Mix ingredients together and enjoy! While this isn’t a terribly fancy lunch, it’s also a great side salad (usually I just nix the tuna for a side dish).