Posts tagged greenpoint
I really try to savor the slowness of a Sunday morning. Bagels and coffee from Troost, provided with lovely conversation and people watching, is a new favorite. I really love my neighborhood and I can’t say how happy I am to live in Greenpoint. It’s the tops.
P.S. Some outfit details, of course: Forever 21 dress; Nordstrom Rack hoodie; tights probably from TJ Maxx; GC shoes motorcycle boots via Alter Brooklyn.
Brunch: the best meal of the week. One of my neighborhood haunts is Jimmy’s, a mix of southern comfort meets diner grub. Laid back, good food, perfect people watching — can’t ask for more in my beloved Greenpoint. I live and die by avocados, so it’s no surprise that the huevos con grits is my staple.
Hello, loves! Do you live in the New York City area? Love Brooklyn? Are you free Thursday 9/26?
Well, honey, you’re in luck! I’m co-hosting an adoption party at Dog Habitat. Come on over for drinks, delicious food, raffles, and gift bags. All money raised will benefit these little pooches who haven’t found homes yet. Even better: you can volunteer at the shelter, adopt a sweet dog, or foster a new friend that needs a loving home.
$12 at the door, but ordering tix online gives you a sweet discount.
Dog Habitat presents Hounds of Love
216 Franklin Street
Brooklyn, NY 11222
Please share with all your friends! And I would love to see you there.
P.S. There is going to be ice cream and it’s going to be dope.
Since moving to my new Brooklyn apartment, I’ve taken long walks and done a little bit of exploring. Some surprise discoveries and some planned, each has brought me a little snippet of joy in my new neighborhood. I’m still unpacking — it’s torture! — so here’s a look into my life from an Instagram point of view. If you’d like to see more, then follow me here.
- Upbeat graffiti in Greenpoint.
- The salmon and potato latke at Extra Fancy is too good.
- I found a photo booth at Renegade Craft Fair. I can never stop myself from getting a little photo!
- A view of the Manhattan skyline from Transmitter Park.
- Ethereal and awesome silkscreened tarot cards by Jen Lorang.
- I stumbled across this phenomenal textile art by Olek, on my way to the Smorgasburg & Brooklyn Flea. A lucky find indeed.
Hi sweets! Recuperating from a sprain keeps me under the rader lately. Here’s some little glimpses on what I’ve been up to via my Instagram. (@kitschy_)
I’m not planning regular weekly recaps (bo-ring). Though, if you’re curious about the more personal side of things in my life, feel free to wander over.
1. I get bored at train stations. Hello, feet.
2. Greenpoint’s The Habitat makes the best shrimp & grits ever. Now only if it was a regular item on the menu…
3. Getting back into the fiction writing groove. The Kate Spade bag is the perfect size for whatever notebook I’m toting around.
4. I may love to dress up but I love wearing this Motorhead tee just as much.
5. Tattoos prints in Oak & Iron.
6. A singular daisy, so beautiful.
7. Oh, New York.
8. Delicious. Healthy. Salad.
9. Playing around with a fishtail braid.