Posts tagged photo diary
Wandering around Brooklyn and discovering little hidden gems has to be one of my favorite weekend activities. These photos were taken a few months ago — on an uncharacteristically lovely December weekend. While it’s March now and still bitterly cold, it’s sweet to remind myself of the warmth of my neighborhood.
Some things I enjoy in North Brooklyn:
- Spotting a hawk in McCarren Park. Albeit, with a fresh kill.
- That kick ass jacket pictured above.
- People watching along Bedford Avenue.
- Bright, vivid flowers. I’m lucky to pass by them every day.
- Stopping in at Vera Meat. I later snagged that bag!
- Watching. Listening. A good cup of coffee. A delicious brunch.
If it’s the weekend, brunch is the meal of day. Perhaps, the only meal of the day. This epic meal can best be summed up in list format:
1. I was dying to try Juliette since relocating to Greenpoint and on a warm December weekend of epic proportions, I tried it out with my friend Christine.
2. That fish sandwich. Those fries. So effing good.
3. Christine didn’t want to be photographed, but she still looked lovely. [And agreed that this photo should be posted, of course.]
4. Did I mention it’s cute? The space is one part cute brunch bistro and one part hidden indoor secret garden awesomeness.
Well it’s about two degrees in snowy Brooklyn right now, so I can’t stop myself from pouring over photos from my holiday trip to Los Angeles. It was a lovely time, and I’m totally missing temperatures that aren’t colder than shit.
With the holidays winding down and eager resolutions afoot, I’ve been pouring over some photo moments filled with the ones I love. While I’m usually not a wildly festive person, this season felt a little different with some time to reflect on my summer move to Brooklyn, new professional gains with my fashion editor position at Greenpointers, my creativity, and passion. In many ways, things are falling into place.
1. My beautiful sister.
2. My beau made acorn squash for a dinner party.
3. Pretty poinsettias.
4. I can’t take any credit for the Christmas decorations – it’s all my sister. But, I can for picking out that swag fox head.
5. Christmas Eve dinner preparations.
6. My friend M.
7. Cheese plates foreverrr.
8. Close up of a pine tree on Bedford Ave.
9. Party leftovers.
My boyfriend and I went to Boston a few weeks ago and I’m finally getting around to posting some photos from the short but lovely weekend. Peeking in shops, looking at architecture rich in history, testing out a cafe for lunch, and meeting new faces seem so simple but it is what matters most at the end of the day.
Since moving to my new Brooklyn apartment, I’ve taken long walks and done a little bit of exploring. Some surprise discoveries and some planned, each has brought me a little snippet of joy in my new neighborhood. I’m still unpacking — it’s torture! — so here’s a look into my life from an Instagram point of view. If you’d like to see more, then follow me here.
- Upbeat graffiti in Greenpoint.
- The salmon and potato latke at Extra Fancy is too good.
- I found a photo booth at Renegade Craft Fair. I can never stop myself from getting a little photo!
- A view of the Manhattan skyline from Transmitter Park.
- Ethereal and awesome silkscreened tarot cards by Jen Lorang.
- I stumbled across this phenomenal textile art by Olek, on my way to the Smorgasburg & Brooklyn Flea. A lucky find indeed.
Hi sweets! Recuperating from a sprain keeps me under the rader lately. Here’s some little glimpses on what I’ve been up to via my Instagram. (@kitschy_)
I’m not planning regular weekly recaps (bo-ring). Though, if you’re curious about the more personal side of things in my life, feel free to wander over.
1. I get bored at train stations. Hello, feet.
2. Greenpoint’s The Habitat makes the best shrimp & grits ever. Now only if it was a regular item on the menu…
3. Getting back into the fiction writing groove. The Kate Spade bag is the perfect size for whatever notebook I’m toting around.
4. I may love to dress up but I love wearing this Motorhead tee just as much.
5. Tattoos prints in Oak & Iron.
6. A singular daisy, so beautiful.
7. Oh, New York.
8. Delicious. Healthy. Salad.
9. Playing around with a fishtail braid.
Photo Diary // NYFW
Here’s some loose change from NYFW. Honestly, most of the time I’m more interested in the little bits that don’t really belong anywhere else…
- My BCBG wedges along side Ashley’s Reed Krakoff numbers.
- Cute and oddly dark: the makeup artist’s sugar skull earrings.
- I’m obsessed with studs and Chris’s bag is too cool.
- See above. I totally want to do my own DIY of a studded backpack.
- I got some waves put in my hair at a beauty lounge. I should recreate it soon.
- Tessa test drove a top knot for the first time.
- I’m a shoe stalker. Girl, let me borrow your Charlotte Olympia heels for a sec.
- I do a good job of looking bored. I wasn’t!
- Super fashionable couple and so effortless.
- I love a sturdy pair of ankle boots. Not to mention, the irony of the crocs next to them…