Posts tagged salad
I love experimenting with salad combinations to make my work lunch more interesting and, of course, tastier. My latest go-to salad consists of chopped romaine lettuce, sliced almonds, a handful of walnuts, chopped carrots, and dried cranberries. Then, I just mix in whatever protein I like — poached salmon, broiled chicken, or tofu — with a dressing such as drizzled honey with a dash of olive oil.
Not to mention, it’s easy as hell to make.
Hi sweets! Recuperating from a sprain keeps me under the rader lately. Here’s some little glimpses on what I’ve been up to via my Instagram. (@kitschy_)
I’m not planning regular weekly recaps (bo-ring). Though, if you’re curious about the more personal side of things in my life, feel free to wander over.
1. I get bored at train stations. Hello, feet.
2. Greenpoint’s The Habitat makes the best shrimp & grits ever. Now only if it was a regular item on the menu…
3. Getting back into the fiction writing groove. The Kate Spade bag is the perfect size for whatever notebook I’m toting around.
4. I may love to dress up but I love wearing this Motorhead tee just as much.
5. Tattoos prints in Oak & Iron.
6. A singular daisy, so beautiful.
7. Oh, New York.
8. Delicious. Healthy. Salad.
9. Playing around with a fishtail braid.
- 1 can of large black olives (pitted)
- 1 jar of artichoke hearts
- 1 half can of tuna
- 1 bag of baby spinach
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 2 tablespoons of balsamic vinegar
- black pepper (for dressing)
Mix ingredients together and enjoy! While this isn’t a terribly fancy lunch, it’s also a great side salad (usually I just nix the tuna for a side dish).