Posts tagged sneakers
Photo Diary // PROJECT, Part 1
Attending the PROJECT trade show is such a treat. I’m head over heels into menswear, so it’s always cool to scope out new duds for dudes. Continually, it’s an artfully curated space and show. And not for nothing, I always enjoy myself by meeting interesting new people and discovering hidden gems.
1. 2. 3. Vlado Footwear. You probably wouldn’t know it by looking at me (read: typical heels and red lipstick gal) but I love sneakers. I have a few pairs in my closet that don’t get enough love but that will change soon enough. These kicks are too cool for me to not want. The sneakers in #2 light up, which reminds me of being a kid with my own jazzy light up sneakers. Bonus point: they’re rechargeable via usb. #3 showcases Vlado’s gear for the ladies.
4. 5. 6. I don’t know if I’m cool enough to wear Civil Clothing, but gosh, I hope so. Those beanies with metal plates! Studded baseball caps! It’s like the creative director, Omar, read my little punky mind (and soul). Can I pretend to be a bad ass girl in that jaguar jacket? You know, for that ruffian literary gang I’m in…
The Vans x Hello Kitty collaboration is all sorts of spunky and makes me think it’s something my students would totally dig. (Am I right, ladies?) Not to mention, the skater high-tops with the red Hello Kitty hair bow are too cute.
Ah, Memorial Day. Besides being a symbolic time for those who serve the military, it’s also the kick off for barbecues, outdoor parties, and warm weather revelry. Soak up the sun, pour a margarita or two - here’s some outfit inspiration for day and nighttime fun.
- Yellow as an accent piece? Who knew? Go for bright and bold.
- NARS Orgasm blush is delightful and now with its creamy all-over counterpart, it’s a cheeky asset to illuminate your face. Without looking like you fell into a field of glitter.
- Sandal wedges? Yes, please. They go with everything.
- I think I would kill someone for that lace skirt. Just saying.
- Red, pink, and orange shoes? Want, want, want.
- Chanel lipsticks are so creamy! My lips never dry out at all.
- I have a bottle of tangerine nail polish I’m waiting to try. Perhaps with something flowery…
- Printed dresses? A perfect summer and spring staple. As if I had to tell you.
- The maxi dress. I had my reservations but I might just be a convert.
- Honestly though, an all white dress with a gold belt? Um, talk about hot. This is something I would wear day or night. And totally perfect for a Mediterranean vay-cay.
- Skulls and studs and crystals, oh my. Perfect, dainty, hard, abrasive; in short, I love them.
- Hot pink lip laquer looks fab on bronzey skin.
- I never wear them enough, but I love a good pair of high-tops.
- I own that Lancome purple eyeshadow palette and it’s amazing. You can go from subtle lilac to dark, royal purple. So far, it hasn’t creased on my lids either.
- Worn in sweatshirt? Check. Gun motifs and spikes? Check. Looking smoking hot? Check, check.